Sunday, November 29, 2009

I will Hope

Ever since I can remember, I have always had three fears: earthquakes, nuclear war, and the end of the world. I remember being a very young girl pondering and wondering why these things had to exist. I recently identified my root to these fears- death. I am afraid to die.

I think this realization came at the perfect time during the Advent season. It's a time of hoping and waiting. Recently, I have been challenging my fears. I will die with or without an earthquake, nuclear war, or the end times. I realized I need to change my attitude from fear to hope, of course with preparation. I do not need to fear death, if I know Christ. Christ is the secret to facing my fears. If I live for Him and hope in Him, my fears can be transformed to hope and love. These are deep rooted fears, so I know they will not disappear overnight, but I will start today, the first day of Advent. Of course, I will ask my dear Mother to help me conquer these fears. My dear beautiful mother, please help me conquer these fears and hope in your Son, the living God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment