Tuesday, December 1, 2009

God's Gifts

Lately I've been pondering one of the many gifts God has given me, my husband. God in His wisdom took His time answering my prayer for my dear love, and I know why.

When I was single I made my list of all the qualities I thought I wanted in a husband, thank goodness God had a better idea. My list was composed of qualities that were very similar to me. I also realized I was not thinking in terms of marriage but more so, dating.

When my husband came into my life, I was convinced that he was NOT the one because we were so different. I struggled for some time with those difference and wondered how it would ever work.

Over time, and even small miracles, my eyes were opened and came to see that it's in the difference that come compatibility. My husband's gentleness smoothes out my roughness. My quick temper is calmed by his being even-keeled. The list goes on and on. Thanks be to God that He did NOT answer my prayer exactly they way I wanted. I love my husband and we are perfect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment