Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's Not as it Appears Matthew 17:9a, 10-13

Initially this gospel stumped me but a light bulb turned on.  It was prophesied that Elijah will coming again before the Messiah.  

People who were familiar with the biblical prophesies were literally looking for Elijah. However, what or who God meant was John the Baptist. Yet the religious people missed the boat because John the Baptist wasn't who they were looking for. Unfortunely, that would be the only time the scribes and Pharisees missed the boat and the second time would be a much bigger error. They did not recognize Jesus as the One who was to come because he did not come in the package they accepted. 

They were looking for an earthly king dressed in fine linen. They were not expecting the Messiah to come as a newborn baby born in a manager. 

The elders were bling to Christ's coming because he was not wrapped in packaging they recognized. 

Lord, I pray for the grace to see as you see and not miss blessings in my life because they are not wrapped in packaging I would like.  Thank you Jesus!  Much love, 
Trisha 

Resolution: examine a difficulty in my life
or something I am complaining about and ask God if it just may be a gift from Him. Jesus help me to see as you see. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment