Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crazy Love: Matthew 18: 12-14

Jesus, I have to admit You rock my world and turn things topsy turvy.  You leave 99 sheep to save 1.  That seems crazy.  I think crazy is a good word. You are crazy in love with us.  Wait, your love is personal.  You are crazy in love with me and crazy in love with my husband and children.  Its hard for me to grasp because my love is so finite.  Wait, I'm missing another point, not only are you crazy in love with us, but You are joyfully in love with us.  Actually, the joy part is almost harder to swallow then the crazy part.  I am obliged to love my family but who said anything about loving them joyfully especially when they are difficult to love.  I am sure it was not the virtuous sheep who wandered off; it was the sheep that was always giving the shepherd problems.  It's easy to love when things are perfect and harmonious but when anything of the slightest issue goes wrong, watch out.  I am not happy and everyone knows it.  Lord, I pray for the grace to joyfully love those in my life especially those who are hardest to love. When I am tempted to choose grumpiness or resort to being irritable, may I think about You joyfully leaving the 99 in search for the one.   Much love, Trisha

Resolution: Turn my heart to Jesus the Good Shepherd when I want to choose grumpiness over love and say an aspiration:  Jesus, Meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto thine.


No comments:

Post a Comment